How to : DO IT YOURSELF (DIY) CD & DVD Palette

13 mars 2013
Hey lovelies , hope you are doing great and having a great evening. Today I feel like writing in English and I'd like to share with you some DIY cool stuff :))

As you can tell from my latest post, I am a obsessed with organisation and I hate having loads of single eyeshadows and small palettes all over my drawers, plus it's quite an annoyance to carry around numerous single eyeshadow pots whenever I travel.

So DEPOTTING is the solution !! It's an easy way to condense my collection like professional makeup artists. I take the product out of the original container or packaging and put it into a single palette.  It saves me loaaaaaaaads of  space and allows me to further organize my collection .Result : a better storage, portability and organization.

But the thing is, we do not all have the chance to have neither a Z palette, a Makeup forever nor a MAC one, either because they're not available in Tunisia or expensive. This is why I'm going to show you a more affordable way of doing it using your CD or DVD cover ;)
mac palette


Z Palettes
UNII Cosmetics Palette

Issada Cosmetics Empty Magnetic Palette System
MUFE single eyeshadow palette


Let me be brief and show you how I do it my way.
In order to depot all you need to have is a  a sheet pan , a vegetable peeler  or a sharp knife an oven :) , of course a CD or a DVD cover and some roller tape (scotch).





Precautions: Please be careful if you are going to attempt to depot! . Sharp tools, such as knives, should be handled with extreme caution and care.
place all your palettes & pots onto a sheet pan, lay them on some aluminium  foil, preheat you oven at 160 °C, leave them from 8 to 14 mns, until the glue is meted down.

once the packaging is melted, all u need to do is to gently remove the shadow pans using a knife or a spatula, or anything flat

you can see the packaging has melted, and so is the glue. Now you can start depotting safely, yet with a lot of care. Pay attention to the heat coming out of the eyshadow pans. Wear gloves if necessary!!!
Depotting may sound easy, but it's not, it requires a lot of care & patience. If you are impatient, you'll end up breaking you shadows, like I did :(
Almost done ;)
look how much junck I got rid of

My CD Palette is  ready, see how I condensed all those single eyeshadows in the bag into that amazing flat, compact, and light weight palette !!! all I needed was a roller tape


Did you recognize these ?? They're made for nana pads, but I found them too gorgeous to be used for pads!!!! They had to become my new ,cute palettes
my neutral / nude CD palette with the lid on :)





Pastel CD palette


I recycled the Lella 5 eyeshadow palette mirrors, and stuck them onto my new DVD one :))


 So that's it for today's post, hope you guys like it, and find it useful .This is how I do it until I receive my leopard Zpalette very soon, nchalah :)))

Don't hesitate to tell me your opinion on the comment box below, it'll make me happy. If you try it, let me know by posting your pictures on my facebook page or on twitter.

If it hasn't been done yet , then it's high time you do it: subscribe to my blog, follow me on twitter, facebook & youtube and why not on pinterest, makeupbee and beautylish :) :) :)

See ya soon I hope, take good care of yourselves and REMEMBER ! stay beautiful ;)
xoxoxo
SaharHair'n'Beauty


8 commentaires:

My Muse: The Blog a dit…

i'm in LOVE with your beautiful eyeshadows <3 PS: I'm an eyeshadow freak :p great post sahar :)

http://mylifestylejourneybyme.blogspot.com/

Unknown a dit…

Sahar! I'm also a depotting fiend :) I'm still looking for Z-palette dupes, cause I think they're a bit too expensive when you want to buy more than one :) I may have found something, I'll keep you posted :)
You have a great collection! Please tell me what is that gooooorgeous oval shaped blue shadow in the middle of your CD palette :)
Thanks for sharing!
xx
www.makeupbyamira.com

Unknown a dit…

Thank u ladies for dropping some lines, u made my evening :))
ammoura UNI & ISSADA are dupes for Z palettes, yet more expensive. Hopefully we could find some cheaper dupes, I'm craving for some gorgeous palettes on my drawers :(
oh & that oval blue is an old Lella eyeshadow, which they no longer produce, unfortunately, I know ur a blue & purpule lover, u wouldn't miss such a detail :)
xoxoxo

Marwa a dit…

such a great DIY ENGLIIIISH post :)
i tried it once and i honestly will never do it again, because i did break some shadows and the cd broke too, argh frustrating, but the nana cases look really chic and handy ! love it !
more of these plz :)
xoxo Marwa
http://diariesofmeblindoptimistic.blogspot.com/

Unknown a dit…

marmar I remember the day u sent me a youtube vid on how to DIY cd palette, it was a summer ramadhan night :)) U told me why waisting money on Zpalettes, see how a great student I am :)
if u find those nana packagings , don't hesitate, they were available at monoprix few months ago, but I recommend these dvd & cd palettes, they're a life savior , plus if u break an eyeshadow, fix it w/ some alcohol ;)
xoxox

Unknown a dit…

I love the idea but the inconvenient is that you will lose the brands and the color references


t5albizandotherstaff.blogspot.com

beauty by alma a dit…

love it!

Anonyme a dit…

Hi, I do think this is an excellent site. I stumbledupon it ;) I'm going to revisit once again since i have
book-marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


my webpage need a job

Enregistrer un commentaire

your comment will make me happier :)